March 24th, I’ll be giving another presentation on Smalltalk at the Scandinavian Developers Conference
The presentation will include:
- An introduction to Smalltalk.
- An overview of the language.
- A very basic enumeration of the persistence options in Smalltalk.
- Highlights from Seaside, templating in Smalltalk, and continuations.
- Finally I will wrap up with the reason the Smalltalk is still the best language when it comes to small and medium scale development. The living environment than enables refactoring and the complete availability of open classes that allows putting functionality in its proper place.
The presentation will be a mix between live demos and slides.